M.S. Pre-Professional Degree Program
MS Program Information (click here)
Elective Courses: 1 cr unless otherwise indicated
Undergraduate / Graduate GPA:
Science GPA >3.0/4.0 scale GRE: Verbal >50%, Quantitative >50% MCAT: Total Score >25. MCAT scores may be substituted for GRE scores. In addition to these scores other factors are also considered including:
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited institutionAll students admitted to this program are expected to have a strong science background. Undergraduate / graduate course areas that are considered part of a strong science background include biology, physics, chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics.
• Areas of undergraduate and graduate degrees held
• Research and other relevant experiences
• Personal statement
• Letters of recommendation
• Quality of your undergraduate and/or graduate programs
- PART 1 Online Admissions Application [Personal Information including personal statement; Application Information; and Department Information]
- PART 1 Application Fee ($60 non-refundable fee) - Need valid credit card and its security code from the back of the card (CCV)
- PART 2 Official Transcripts
- PART 2 Official GRE or MCAT scores
- PART 2 Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Information
- Application Information
- Department Information
- Type of degree: Masters
- Academic Program: Cellular & Integrative Physiology (IU Graduate School)
- Academic Plan: Cellular & Integrative Physiology MS Track
- Are you applying to a dual degree program: No
- Term: select the appropriate term, Fall
- Enter all of your score categories (e.g. for GRE include verbal, quantitative, and analytical).
- 1. Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities (transcripts should indicate that your bachelor's degree has been awarded and should indicate the date of award.
- 2. Test scores
i. GRE Scores - taken within the past 5 years; Institution Code: 1325 (Indiana Univ. - Purdue Univ. Indianapolis); Department Code: 0609 (Medical Sciences)
- 3. Three letters of recommendation are required from appropriate current or recent academic instructors and/or employers. Letters should NOT be from friends, clergy, etc. You may either utilize the electronic submission option found in the online application (This is preferred.); or have referees e-mail recommendations to the M.S. Program Director in Cellular & Integrative Physiology (Dr. Patricia Gallagher, email@example.com) or have referees mail recommendations directly to the address listed below. Referees should comment on the following if possible.
- 4. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, you must submit an official copy of the USCIS Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- 5. Mail documents to:
Professor, M.S. Program Director
Indiana University School of Medicine
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology
Van Nuys Medical Science Building, Room 350
635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202