M.S. Pre-Professional Degree Program
MS Program Information (click here)
Elective Courses: 1 cr unless otherwise indicated
#=course offered in Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
Completion of the APPLICATION for the CELLULAR & INTEGRATIVE PHYSIOLOGY Master of Science (M.S.) Degree Program
Tip: It will be helpful to print this page prior to beginning the application process.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR DOMESTIC MS APPLICANTS ONLY (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have obtained a U.S. bachelors degree). Non-residents are not admitted to this program.
All complete applications contain the following components:
Official GRE or MCAT scores
Three letters of recommendation
Application Fee ($60 non-refundable fee) – Need valid credit card and its security code from the back of the card (CCV).
PART 1. Complete the online application at eApp – Online Admissions Application.
Create an account if you are new to our application system and do not already have a PIN by clicking on the "Create Account" button to the right. If you are a current or former IU student, you may use your login information to log in and some of your information will self-populate the application form.
Answer the questions in the Personal Information, Additional Information, Application Information, Department Information and Submit pages.
On the “Application Information” page make the following selections:
Type of Degree: Masters
Academic Program: Cellular & Integrative Physiology (IU Graduate School)
Academic Plan: Cellular & Integrative Physiology MS Track
Are you applying to a dual degree program: No
Term: select appropriate term, usually Fall
Enter all of your score categories (e.g for GRE include verbal, quantitative and analytical).
You may save your responses and return to the application at a later time using your SAME PIN and PASSWORD. To protect your application responses, please save your work often. At the bottom of each page are three buttons; “previous page”, "save", and "next page". Click on "save" if you would like to save your work and complete the application at a later date. To log out, click on the “LogOff” button at the top right hand corner of the page.
To SUBMIT your application you must pay the application fee and then click “SUBMIT”. Wait until the screen refreshes and notifies you that your application is submitted.
Please also send an email to: pgallag”AT”iupui.edu to notify the graduate program director that you have submitted an application.
Items Needed to Complete Online Application:
- Names, Addresses, email and phone numbers of references
- Test Scores
- An application fee of $60 must be paid online using a valid credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA).
PART 2. SEND THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO THE Graduate Program Director in Cellular & Integrative Physiology:
1. Official transcripts from ALL previous colleges and universities (transcripts should indicate that your bachelor’s degree has been awarded and the date of award unless you are currently enrolled in the degree granting program. In this case, a current transcript will be acceptable.
2. Test Scores
i. GRE Scores - taken within the past 5 years. Minimum scores are >50% in each test area.
Institution Code: 1325 (Indiana U - Purdue U Indianapolis)
Department Code: 0609 (Medical Sciences ii. MCAT Scores - taken within the past 2 years. Minimum total score is >25
AMCAS Code: 129 (Indiana University School of Medicine).
iii. DAT Scores – take within the past 2 years. Minimum total score is >18.
3. Three letters of recommendation from appropriate current or recent academic instructors and / or employers are required.
a. Letters should not be from friends, clergy, etc.
b. You may either utilize the electronic submission option found in the online application (this is preferred); or have referees e-mail recommendations to pgallag”AT”iupui.edu or have letters mailed directly to the address listed below.
Referees should comment on the following if possible:
i. How long and in what capacity do you know the applicant?
ii. How many students have you known at this level?
iii. What is the candidate's intellectual potential; ability to plan and conduct research; creativity and originality; knowledge in chosen field; ability to work independently and with a team; maturity; motivation for graduate study; writing ability; oral expression; integrity; and overall potential for graduate work in biomedical sciences.
c. All letters MUST be directed towards admission into a graduate program and not a recommendation for entry into MEDICAL SCHOOL.
d. A combined letter from a recommendation committee is also acceptable.
4. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, you must submit an official copy of the USCIS Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
4. Mail Documents to:
Patricia J. Gallagher, Ph.D.
Master of Science Program Director
Cellular & Integrative Physiology
Medical Science Building MS 350
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202-512
E-mail: Graduate Program Director
- PART 1 Online Admissions Application [Personal Information including personal statement; Application Information; and Department Information]
- PART 1 Application Fee ($60 non-refundable fee) - Need valid credit card and its security code from the back of the card (CCV)
- PART 2 Official Transcripts
- PART 2 Official GRE or MCAT scores
- PART 2 Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Information
- Application Information
- Department Information
- Type of degree: Masters
- Academic Program: Cellular & Integrative Physiology (IU Graduate School)
- Academic Plan: Cellular & Integrative Physiology MS Track
- Are you applying to a dual degree program: No
- Term: select the appropriate term, Fall
- Enter all of your score categories (e.g. for GRE include verbal, quantitative, and analytical).
- 1. Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities (transcripts should indicate that your bachelor's degree has been awarded and should indicate the date of award.
- 2. Test scores
i. GRE Scores - taken within the past 5 years; Institution Code: 1325 (Indiana Univ. - Purdue Univ. Indianapolis); Department Code: 0609 (Medical Sciences)
- 3. Three letters of recommendation are required from appropriate current or recent academic instructors and/or employers. Letters should NOT be from friends, clergy, etc. You may either utilize the electronic submission option found in the online application (This is preferred.); or have referees e-mail recommendations to the M.S. Program Director in Cellular & Integrative Physiology (Dr. Patricia Gallagher, email@example.com) or have referees mail recommendations directly to the address listed below. Referees should comment on the following if possible.
- 4. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, you must submit an official copy of the USCIS Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- 5. Mail documents to:
Professor, M.S. Program Director
Indiana University School of Medicine
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology
Van Nuys Medical Science Building, Room 350
635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202